Monday, March 4, 2013

Cyber Harckers Joins the Sabah Conflict

As the tension in Sabah continues, a Philippine website and several Malaysian's was hacked with the messages sympathizing with their own.

The territorial dispute over Sabah gained international attention following a standoff in the peninsula by followers of Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III that resulted in a bloody shootout between Filipinos and Malaysian security forces last Friday.

Malaysia adopted an all-out stance against the Filipinos, while President Aquino called on Kiram's followers in Sabah to surrender unconditionally.

But Kiram's followers have rejected the call, saying they chose "honor over life."

On Sunday morning, the online store of Philippine telco Globe Telecom had been defaced by hackers claiming to be from "MALAYSIA Cyb3r 4rmy". "Do not invade our country or you will suffer the consequences," the group warned in the defacement. The site was restored two hours later.
 


In apparent retailiation, pro-Philippines hackers defaced several Malaysian Web sites. The hackers also warned Malaysia saying:

"Stop attacking our cyberspace! Or else will will attack your cyberworld"

"Philippines | #OpReclaim."

"Greetings Malaysia and Malaysian Govt. Time has come to reclaim what is truly ours,"

"Also, don't dare to hack our websites, OR ELSE WE WILL CONTINUE ATTACKING YOUR CYBER WORLD!"



Hacker group "Anonymous #Philippine Cyber Army" also listed the hacked Malaysian Web sites including some online marketplace:
  •     www.smksapg.edu.my
  •     www.jitsin-ind.edu.my
  •     www.diyseo.com.my/Database
  •     www.acm-motorsport.com.my
  •     www.vivahomes.my
  •     www.jitsin-ind.edu.my
  •     www.apchand.com.my
  •     www.fcp.com.my
  •     www.happymovers.com.my
  •     www.megatech2u.com
  •     www.zhangvillage.com
  •     www.jsce.com.my/AdminHeader.asp
  •     www.1264u.com
  •     www.jatiberingin.com.my
  •     www.pergolahotel.com.my
  •     www.pointofsales.my

However, they also called for hackers of both countries to stop saying  "The petty cyberwar will gain us nothing but wrong impressions from ordinary people," the statement read. "Let us help both The Philippines and Malaysia unite, not find a reason to fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment